There's Magic Out There: Potato Heart Print Valentines

January 28, 2013

Potato Heart Print Valentines

Here at the house we have been getting excited for Valentines Day. The house was feeling a little empty without all the decorations and tree so we started with some Valentines decorating and this weekend we made some easy to do Valentines Cards.

I don't know if you remember but we used potatoes to make Heart prints last year while learning about the Letter H and I wanted to use that idea to make Potato Heart Print Valentines!

Its super easy to do, you get a potato and cut into it to make a heart (I did one on each end), grab some paint and paper and have fun making some prints! This weekend was so sunny that we had to go outside and soak up the sunshine so I took out a table and our materials to do the prints outside.
After we made lots of hearts we let them dry and enjoyed being outside on such a beautiful winter day.

Later during the day I cut out a bunch of the hearts in various shades of red and got paper and a glue stick to decide where I wanted them to go. You can put them inside, outside, everywhere! They all look pretty, trust me and its fun for the munchkins to be sticking them everywhere.
I then took out my stamps and started making some messages on the cards. You can always use markers or crayons to write out a special message if you don't have stamps.
They will be a special Home made treat for your loved ones and they are super easy to do so. Hope you make some of your own and have fun while doing them!


Need some ideas on Valentines Decorations?
Check out the two DIY Valentines crafts I made this year here:

1. Valentines DIY Heart Wreath
2. Valentines DIY Heart Wall Decor

And dont forget to check out my Valentines Day Pinterest Board for lots of other fun ideas!


To make sure you dont miss out any new ones Follow me!

Hope you have a great Valentines day with your loved ones!


Follow on Bloglovin

44 comments:

  1. So cute! I might try it with my toddler class tomorrow morning. Wonder how potatoes stamping would work with a stamp pad - I'm not brave enough for paint with a bunch of little guys...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wonder if that worked. Let me know and Thankyou!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Definitely will be trying this with my kiddies :)
    The Real McCoy(s)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!! I bet my kids would love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, another awesome craft. Man, you are so creative! I'm pining this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little girl I like the Valentine's card :)


    www.vindiebaby.com
    Vintage Inspired Fashion by Independent Designers for Your Little darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou but hes a boy! Its ok though the long hair confuses people sometimes.

      Delete
  6. I live with an Irish man, so we have plenty of potatoes in the house! Son is too young to do crafts so I may have to do this own on my own. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand I want to play with kids paint by myself too

      Delete
  7. Hi Alvina, I thought potatoes would be good for something, lol. Great stuff you are teaching your children here. Its important they learn they can be creative without spending bucket loads of money :)
    God bless
    Tracy
    visiting from Michell's bloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! And yes! You can be creative without spending alot!

      Delete
  8. Hi Alvina! What a cute and inexpensive idea! Thanks for dropping by and linking up! Have a great day!

    Michell @Prowess and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following from the Hump Day Blog hop!! Thanks for this cheap and cheerful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've brought back wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from Bloggy Moms. Stop by and see me at www.pushingonarope.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so precious and so creative! I found your blog over at the doing you well blog hop and am now following you on GFC. I'm looking forward to reading your future posts :)

    -Shaina
    www.shainarenae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alvina,
    Those are such wonderful crafts to do. My youngest would more than likely paint the wall instead of the poster board, but I guess I can always paint the wall over her. Thank you for sharing these crafts.
    Thank you also for linking up with us at the Thumping Thursdays Blog Hop.

    Karina
    http://momintheusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great and incredibly polished for a kids project.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/01/writers-post-little-things-that-make-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this DIY...
    Bloghopping from :
    http://prewchatterly.com
    http://moneycharmer.com
    http://crazylittlethingcalledblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute :) I always forget simple fun things like this! Thanks for posting it early enough that we can do it!
    new follower from the FFBH - I can't wait to read more and learn more about you!

    vertephoto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful idea! Followed you back :)x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved this fabulous idea!!! I have never, ever made a potato stamp. I think today might be the day to start! Thanks for sharing ... and Happy Valentine's Day! Found you from Doing You Well Wednesday... clicked to follow. Make it a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahahah! that is really neat! i would not have thought of that!!

    thank you for linking up with Fun Friday Blog Hop, i hope you're having fun blog hopping!

    see you next time, huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your pictures Alvina, and your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these, so simple yet so pretty :)
    Thanks for linking up to the Kid's Co-op. I have featured your post this week and will be pinning it to the Co-op board on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how simple this is. I used to do crafts like this with my kids when they were little.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Theres Magic Out There. I would love to hear your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as possible. It makes my day to see your comments and know someones reading my words. Thanks for visiting!