There's Magic Out There: Project 52 Week 1: The beginning of 2013

January 05, 2013

Project 52 Week 1: The beginning of 2013

Project 52: Week 1

So I have decided to start a project 52. What is a project 52? I recently had someone explain it to me that a Project 52 is a way to capture your year one week at a time in glimpses through photo. This is my first try at it so I'm feeling a bit iffy about doing it but I thought of it as a good opportunity to try something new. Plus it will be a challenge to see if I can finish a year. There are many versions on how to do this that range from a craft challenge a week to goals in steps and more but mine is going to be my week in review for a year. There are no rules so this works best for me.

So here it goes:
For this first week We rang in a new Year.. Happy 2013! My sister turned 22 on New years (pictured on the bottom the lucky New Years Baby). Its been so cold in SA so we havent left the house all week, we have been getting comfy with our pillows and blankets instead. Luckily I had some fun come to me when I got in the mail some awesome things I won in 2 different giveaways. I won some books for munchkin and lots of paint supplies for us to create some art. Looks like we will be painting up a storm soon!

Please let me know if you have done a Project 52, any tips would be greatly appreciated. If you are currently starting one as well and want to link up then let me know!

Follow on Bloglovin

29 comments:

  1. What a neat project. I hadn't heard of that before. Happy New Year. I found you through Bloggy Moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alvina, I'm visiting from the Weekend Blog Hop :) The project 52 sounds great - a lovely way of capturing memories of the whole year! Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Thats what I think so im excited to have started mine.

      Delete
  3. Hi Alvina! This is a great idea, I wish I had young kids to do fun projects with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so apprehensive to start these - I have committment issues :) But I like the idea. Maybe I should do a monthly one?

    It is a super cool idea though.

    Popping over from Bloggy Moms :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never hurts to try! You can make a project 12 or a month in review. Either would be neat

      Delete
  5. Lovely pics

    Found you on the Social Sunday blog hop and am following you now too
    http://adventuresofayorkshiremummy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great idea! New Year's baby!! WooHoo ~ was she the first baby of the New Year? That would be pretty cool!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection!
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured :)

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no she wasnt the first baby but yes that would have been awesome!

      Delete
  7. I have nominated you for the Liebster award!Check my blog for the questions and please link back with your answers!

    www.dreamingisbelievingreally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Thankyou soooo sooo much! I will go check it out!

      Delete
  8. I love this project. I downloaded an app called photo365 where you capture a photo a day and write a little caption.

    Thanks for sharing your favorite post at Raising Imperfection! We feature our favorites on Friday, make sure to come back and check.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome goodies! Looking forward to seeing more great photos!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this idea. Much more doable than 365 days in photos! GFC, G+, Twitter & Pinterest follower via Let's Get Social Sunday! Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thanks so much! Im going to check out your blog

      Delete
  11. I really like the idea of Project 52. I wonder if I could stick to it? It looks like your year is off to a great start. I'm here following back via GFC from Meet & Greet blog hop. I love the name of your blog! Can't wait to read more of your posts.
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - Following your Pinterest boards too. Yay!

      Delete
    2. Thankyou so much! It never hurts to try and I will go check out your blog right now!

      Delete
  12. Thank you! Loads of bloggers have Project 52 but none so far have explained what it is! Brilliant! Might have a crack at this myself then :-)

    Following from the UK via Lets Get Social Sunday

    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! So many people do a project 52 just that everyone gives it there own twist

      Delete
  13. Oh this sounds like an awesome project. I would love to try but I know that I would totally stop doing it somewhere around week 7, lol. I am horrible... but I love your pictures and look forward to seeing your year thru this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi there! Im already following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will head over there right now! Thanks for the follow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Theres Magic Out There. I would love to hear your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as possible. It makes my day to see your comments and know someones reading my words. Thanks for visiting!