There's Magic Out There: DIY Heart Wall Decor

January 12, 2013

DIY Heart Wall Decor

This past week I made two Valentines Crafts out of empty toilet paper rolls, the first was this one actually but I ended up posting the DIY Heart Wreath first. I am so in love with this Heart because it has been up on the wall the whole week and adds a great touch to the room.

Here's how you can make one for you:

Materials:

4 to 5 empty rolls of toilet paper to be on the safe side
paint with paintbrush
scissors
hot glue gun with glue
old newspaper to cover your work area

Directions:

Lay out your newspaper and decide how big of a heart you want to make. My first time making this I cut the toilet paper rolls first and made the design to see how it would look but now having done 2 of these I recommend you to please paint the toilet paper rolls first and let them dry. It is so much easier if you paint first!

After the paint is dry cut each toilet paper roll into 5 pieces as even as possible. Recreate the shape now and start hot gluing

Let the glue hold tight and admire your Heart! Hang it up to make a statement of love on your wall and ta-da! Valentines decor on your wall is done!


Check out my other Valentines craft I made this week here:
DIY Heart Wreath
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having fun crafting and getting ready for Valentines day!
Follow on Bloglovin

34 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I love that I have everything in my home already. Thank you.I am going to make this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom made Xmas ornaments like this. She painted them white and put glitter on them. They're really beautiful. #SSS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun craft to do! Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my blog michaelandwhitneyweekes.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE!!! I bet the kids would love to help with this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that. I have been meaning to make something with old tp rolls. I even have them cut...this would be a fun project for the kids. Thank you for following me at http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable. And if there is one thing we always have plenty of, it is toilet paper rolls. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love that. So simple and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that is just too cute. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Friendly Friday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute idea!! Love it!
    Stoppin by from the blog hop...new follower!

    Leslie @ Sincerely, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing this with the Season's Best {Valentine} Link-up! I'm pinning this to my Valentine board...so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I'm going to have to give this a try this weekend!

    I'm returning the follow from Bloggy Moms

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally love this idea! Thank you!

    I found you on the blog hop, by the way :) Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow,what awesome crafts you have done.I really love the toilet paper roll heart.We might have to try that.We have been collecting our rolls.I have found my closest looking like a horder since we started homeschooling haha,nothing gets thrown away,pinterest has and idea for everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I collect everything now thanks to pinterest! i think it made me a hoarder :(

      Delete
  15. Wow. Im going to try this with my kids. Thanks for sharing. Dropping by via think outside box hop.

    Vickie
    ohabbyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry so late but I will head over there right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. abstract, beautiful. I love this craft! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Theres Magic Out There. I would love to hear your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as possible. It makes my day to see your comments and know someones reading my words. Thanks for visiting!