There's Magic Out There: Project 52: Week 28

July 15, 2013

Project 52: Week 28

Warning! I'm sharing information about my fathers diabetes situation in a bit so please stop reading if that might disturb you. 

The first half of the week was good. We played outside, enjoying nature by chasing butterflies.  We ate ice cream, played with ice cream and even made our own ice cream cones out of home made play dough! Yep! It was fun. Plus the ice cream pictures hint at an activity of mine coming out on Gummy Lump this week. 

Now as for the second half of the week all of a sudden my dad wasn't eating. His face coloring was bad and he was throwing up. He had come out of the shower and I always change his bandages after so he has clean ones to start off the next day when I see his wound area. (My dad had surgery previously on a foot sore) A new sore was turning colors and smelled bad. I mentioned this to my dad and he was offended when I was just trying to tell him that it was a bad sign. Its a sign of infection. Then all of a sudden on the bottom of his foot was a huge brand new blister that seemed to be full of goo. I freaked out! I teared up and told my dad we had to go to the emergency room. He didn't want to but we ended up going. They said he had a serious bone infection and it was bad! That the infection was spreading up his foot into his ankle and leg. This is a lot of information to take in a couple of hours.

Before I knew it he was already in surgery because it was getting worse by the minute. Since Thursday my family's life has been on edge. My dad is still in the hospital and has had 2 surgeries so far now. The second surgery came after we thought he was getting better but then it turned out the infection had actually gotten worse over night. Prayers are greatly appreciated. 

I keep praying for the doctors to be able to get rid of all the infection and save his foot. We have a long journey ahead and I need to be strong for my family. Especially for my son who isn't taking it well and has too many questions that I don't have answers for. 

Please be informed about the seriousness of diabetes and the effects it can have on you and your loved ones. For more information on diabetes visit  http://www.diabetes.org

How was your week? Hopefully it was better than ours even though I am still happy because my father is still here and we are going to keep fighting for his health. Things could be worse so I need to stay positive.
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I hope your father is doing better! So hard when someone we love is ill and there is nothing we can do to help. My thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Theres Magic Out There. I would love to hear your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as possible. It makes my day to see your comments and know someones reading my words. Thanks for visiting!