There's Magic Out There: Main Plaza Blue Moon Art Project and San Fernando Cathedral

November 04, 2012

Main Plaza Blue Moon Art Project and San Fernando Cathedral

Remember how I said I had made a list of things to do this weekend? Well on our way to La Villita for the Dia de Los Muertos Celebration we stopped by the San Fernando Cathedral because I had heard there was an altar there for Dia de Los Muertos and wanted to check it out since it was so close. We walked over there and saw a bunch of artists with paintings, live music and other booths. It turns out that the Blue Moon art project was having its finale that day. I had never heard of the Blue Moon Art project so I was very curious about it. I asked about the contest and was told that artists had to create a work of art that incorporated a blue moon. We only caught a glimpse of the event but liked what I saw.



And of course  we saw the altar which was Beautiful and original. It gave you this warm feeling that just drew you in. I loved it!



Have any of you ever heard of the Blue Moon Art project or participated? Did you get a chance to check out the altar in front of the cathedral?
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Theres Magic Out There. I would love to hear your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as possible. It makes my day to see your comments and know someones reading my words. Thanks for visiting!