One of the activities was to make your own playdoh. I was pretty excited because this would be our first time for me and munchkin. It was actually very easy to make and came out pretty good too.
When we were getting ready to go home they gave each kid a child sized rolling pin! (Super cute) So when we got home of course we played with it along with our cookie cutters which are great for playdoh too.
Here is the recipe for making playdough that was given to us:
- Measure 1/4 cup salt and pour it into your bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to your bowl
- Measure 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water and pour it into your bowl.
- Add 5-10 drops food coloring to your bowl
- Use a spoon to stir the ingredients in your bowl for one minute.
- Measure 1 1/2 cups flour and add it to your bowl.
- Use the spoon to combine the flour with the liquid mixture.
- When the dough begins to get too thick to stir, use your hands to mix the dough until it forms a ball.
- If the dough is too sticky, add flour. If its too crumbly, add a tiny bit of water.
- Play! :)
I am taking only really great memories from Forest Hills Library Play and Learn and I will miss it but was glad to be a part of it. It gave me a chance to meet lots of nice people and munchkin met new friends. The library itself is very cute and a perfect fit for the young ones. I cant wait to see what other locations our yearning for learning will take us but we will be there for more Play and Learn sessions! Hope to see you out there too with your little ones :)
If you want to see what the other Play and Learn sessions at Forest Hills were like check out our other 3 visits Here: